Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And yes he was wearing leiderhoisen

Yesterday, in spite of the rain my dad and I drove up to Helen, GA. I've never been to Helen, but when I heard it was a themed tourist town I couldn't pass up the trip. Helen is up in the mountain of Georgia, which compared to New Mexico's mountains they are basically hills.


We got up there and it was pouring rain. We walked the main strip and *nothing* was open. Finally, we found one restaurant open. It was set in a square near the Christmas tree. As we walked inside we were greeted by a plumply round man in leiderhoisen and his wife. These weren't pansy cloth pants, but the real suede type.


I had the Hungarian Goulash and we got complementary potato leek soup. I figured that it would be a nice, quiet lunch, but since we were the only people in town, they sat and talked with us. That doesn't happen much anymore and though slightly annoying at the first moment, it was enjoyable. The owner gave me a present, which I found hilarious and will post hopefully tomorrow.


I didn't get a picture of the building b/c of the rain, but since it is one of the most photographed building in Helen I found a picture of the restaurant online.



0 comments: